This is a museum that has many artists’ Neon Artworks in this exhibition place. It is located in Los Angles, California, the United State. Their mission is to encourage people to learn about Neon light. How it works and how to keep them. It also mentions that Neon is a way to learn scientific principles and artistic
expression. like the electrical
technology, and creative design, and fundamental concepts of physics and chemistry. Right here, I pick some of the outstanding Neon signs from the old day.
A re-creation of the Diver sign from the Virginia Court Motel was made for the museum’s rooftop. The original, shown in the above photo is in a private collection in Los Angeles. Original sign circa 1950s, Re-created sign 2014 by Federal-Heath Sign Co., (5’x18’x1’)
- 1948 – Virginia Court Motel built in Meridian, Mississippi along Route 80, the first transcontinental all-weather highway, the Dixie Overland Highway, which stretched from Savannah to San Diego. Owner Ike J. Davis names the motel after a daughter.
- 1950 -Pool installed at the Virginia Court Motel. Neon sign built with illuminated diver and installed by the Gaddis Sign Company, a local sign builder.
- 2000 -Virginia Court Motel demolished. The sign’s diver purchased by Mike Gambone and transported to Lynchburg, Virginia.
- 2002 -Diver shipped to Mark Jamison “The Neon Man” in Roanoke, Virginia for repair and display.
- 2005 -Diver retrieved from Black Dog Salvage Co. upon Jamison’s death.
- 2006 -Diver shipped to the Flexlume Sign Company in Buffalo, New York for full rewiring and restoration
- 2008 -Diver loaned and shipped to the Museum of Neon
Iwata Camera, 1940s, (8’x5’x6”), Gift of Nicholas Agid, 1986
From the historic Little Tokyo neighborhood (First Street) in downtown Los Angeles, this massive, double-sided, camera sign has been restored with a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. One side of this hand-painted sign was restored with new paint and the other side left as-is. Note the two tones of white-colored neon used to delineate the sign.
The Brown Derby
A jewel in MONA’s historic sign collection, this neon sign came from the Hollywood and Vine location of the Brown Derby Restaurant. Opened on Valentine’s Day in 1929, the eatery became the hottest spot in Hollywood for stars and moguls to dine and deal. Over the years the Brown Derby’s chefs invented signature dishes such as the Cobb Salad and the Grapefruit Cake. The Vine location’s giant, double-sided neon moniker dates to the early 1930s and sat atop the restaurant on a supporting scaffold. Originally its glass tubing glowed in a period-appropriate shade of ruddy neon, but it was later changed to the current combination of white and yellow. The landmark restaurant closed in 1985 and the sign went through two private collections before being donated to the Museum of Neon Art.
These are super cool artworks that you would like to take a look in MONA. Take a look there, you will find out more and more excellent art pieces over there. Don’t forget to check the MONA website, and make sure the opening time. Have fun, guys. http://www.neonmona.org/visitcontact/